Daly City, CA Truck Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been hurt in any type of large truck collision, be it with a semi-truck, an 18-wheeler, or tractor-trailer, you are likely wondering if you should consult with a truck accident lawyer in Daly City, CA. Truck accidents lead to hundreds of thousands of injuries annually, and according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), every year approximately 5,000 people die in truck accidents or from associated injuries.
Depending on the circumstances of your accident and the type of injury or injuries you sustain, a Daly City, CA Truck Accident Attorney from The Cartwright Law Firm, Inc. can help you formulate a case that demands justice.
How We Have Helped Victims in Daly City, CA
We represented a passenger in a truck that was driven by a reckless driver. Our client suffered substantial injuries, and it was proven that the driver was impaired while driving. Our Daly City, CA Truck Accident Attorneys were able to secure compensation for our client’s injuries.
Types Of Tractor-Trailer Accidents in Daly City, CA
If your accident was caused by any of the following situations, you should contact our Daly City, CA truck accident attorneys immediately:
- Rollover. Large trucks are at high risk for rollovers because they have a high center of gravity. If a truck driver is irresponsible and turns too sharply or carelessly drives over an object, his or her truck could easily roll over. Any number of serious injuries may result from a rollover accident. Brain damage, spinal cord injuries, internal organ damage, and even death can occur.
- Brake failure. Without the proper training, it is easy to lose control of a truck, especially when operating its complicated braking system. Additionally, mechanical problems, weather conditions, or an improperly balanced or secured cargo load can all cause the brakes of a large truck to malfunction. If you suffer any type of injury in a truck accident in Daly City, CA or elsewhere in CA due to brake failures — such as the common whiplash or temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dislocation — a Daly City, CA truck accident attorney from The Cartwright Law Firm, Inc. will make sure that those responsible are held accountable.
- Turns too wide. Because trucks are so large and difficult to maneuver, it is necessary for drivers to first swing widely in the opposite direction, when making turns. With the limited field of vision allowed by trucks, an inattentive driver could easily make a turning error, causing a collision with your vehicle. It is possible for the truck to even crush or push your vehicle off the road or into oncoming traffic. In this type of crash, you could suffer whiplash, broken ribs, and severe internal injuries, depending on the impact of the collision.
- Commercial vehicle negligence. Trucking companies are required to have scheduled maintenance on trucks to ensure that they are safe. If you have been involved in an accident because of the company’s maintenance negligence, failure to conduct proper inspections or another matter relating to commercial vehicle negligence, the lawyers at The Cartwright Law Firm, Inc. can help.
- Truck driver fatigue, use of drugs, alcohol or illegal substances. People who drive commercial trucks for a living are on the road many hours a day. If someone is fatigued, he or she is unable to react as quickly as necessary to prevent an accident. Our lawyers will stand up for your interests. Likewise, if you have been seriously injured in a crash resulting from the use of drugs, alcohol or other substances, we will make certain that your best interests are advocated for.
The causes of trucking accidents and the injuries possible are virtually limitless. If you believe negligence caused your wounds, we are here to help you seek the compensation to which you are entitled.
We Demand Accountability
Take control of the situation by contacting us today. Our >personal injury attorneys in Daly City, CA serve the communities Daly City, CA. We are prepared to work to help you recover financial damages to compensate for the physical and emotional damage you suffered.